iT2Pi Executive Director
DescriptionExecutive Director, iT2Pi
PositionThe mission of iT2Pi is to facilitate open access to diverse technology education for the youth of Upstate South Carolina.
About:iT2Pi provides free technology and soft-skill training for Greenville’s youth seven to seventeen years old. Through project-based learning modules, with the guidance of peer leaders and adult mentors, participants are able to progress from information technology to programming inventors. iT2Pi’s goal is to increase social mobility by educating youth in the community, especially those in under-served communities, and increasing access to technology. Projects are broken up into various focus areas to engage students’ passions in fun and interesting ways.
Position Summary:The Executive Director will be responsible for developing a strategic plan for sustainability and with approval and support from the Board, its successful implementation. Additional responsibilities include providing direction and management, resource development, staffing and operations of iT2Pi. The Executive Director will report directly to the Board.
- Management & Organization
- Event Planning
- Class Structure
- Resource Development & Public Relations
- Working with Sponsors
- Marketing of events and services
- Fundraising, Value Proposition, Grants, Budget, etc...
- Pursuing Business Sponsors
- Coordination & Communication
- Organizing professionals from technical fields
- Organizing volunteers for events
Desired Skills & Qualifications (Preferred, Not Required)
- Passionate for iT2Pi’s Mission
- Motivated and Resilient Individual
- High Degree of Patience
- Is able to effectively communicate
- Leadership Ability
- Strong Verbal Communication Skills
- Action Oriented
- Fundraising Experience
- Event Planning Experience
- Basic Programming Experience
- Teaching Experience
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people